Sunday, February 6, 2011

::fifteen::gratitude


i've noticed a few people
starting a 'project gratitude' for the new year.
(for the best examples, visit Wife on the Roller Coaster
and shannon at Bit of Blue Sky).


i looooove this idea -
it's easy to get discouraged when you're tired or challenged
(and military spouses are a tired, challenged bunch),
so it's incredibly smart to cultivate a sense of thankfulness.
a remembrance of what we have,
and what we have to look forward to.


and while i won't be blogging my project gratitude,
i can tell you what i'm glad for today....


i. my husband's 'stupid truck'.



i call it names because he bought it a couple years ago without talking to me.
[insert huge marital fight here.]
but it has since gotten me through two serious snow storms.
so i've stopped insulting it....
and occasionally, i even pet it.


ii. the only live plant in my neighborhood.



because it reminds me that spring will be here soon.....


iii. this cute dog....



and this even cuter roommate.




what are you grateful for?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...