Thursday, March 31, 2011

your blog {and mine}, reviewed





the lovely blog guidebook
has been offering a blog critique service lately,
and out of overwhelming curiosity,
i went for it.


i wasn't sure what to expect...
and if you're interested, here's the essentials of what you get:

i. a numeric review of various factors in your site....design, content, etc.
ii. an overall assessment: 'leave it!' or 'room for improvement'
iii. positive and constructive feedback


surprisingly (to me, at least),
we got high marks on everything.
with one glaring exception:
social media.
as in, we're not doing it.
and that's no good.

dangit.


i have to be honest:
social media for blogging is starting to freak me out.
only because there are so many options.


blogfrog
facebook
twitter
networked blogs
problogger
SITS girls
business 2 blogger
.....
oh.my.lord.


 really?
if you have a job,
or a toddler,
or are going to school
or any combination of these,
you, like me, are probably just grateful to get 5 hours of sleep a night.
{and somehow find time to write a post
for your deployed husband, who is asking for another one.}


so how does a good blogger make time for all this web networking?


or it is easier than i think it is?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meh...isn't media advertising more for making profit from your blog? My review: I looove your blog and honest writing and the fact that your husband reads every post :)

Bonnie said...

I have a blogfrog account but rarely use it, I'm apart of "Theta Mom" but find myself unable to spend a lot of time browsing, I have twitter and use it quite a bit (Bonnie_MH is my handle), I'm apart of the Clever1000 and I get emails from them on occasion and to be quite honest it is difficult to keep up with anything with my two crazies and school work (studying psychology).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...